Queen Square Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Our Services
- Our Research
- Free Access Centre Publications
- MRC Review Documents
- UK Translational Research Conference
- Studentships, Fellowships & Training
- Seminars, Conferences, Courses & Workshops
- About Us
Please click the relevant icon, to visit our Facebook group or Twitter account:
- 2015 UK Neuromuscular Translational Research Conference
- UCL rated top UK university by research strength in the REF2014
- UCL Institute of Neurology will launch a new Postgraduate Masters Programme starting September 2015
- The UK’s first dedicated inpatient centre for people with complex neuromuscular disorders has been officially opened by leading healthcare advocate Sir Robert Francis
This is a joint centre between the UCL Institute of Neurology and the UCL Institute of Child Health, London and the University of Newcastle. The Centre is building on long-established UCL-Newcastle research and clinical links. The centre has established reciprocal clinical and research links with other neuromuscular research groups and patient organisations throughout the UK including the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, and has developed new cross-cutting collaborations which have capitalised on the recruitment of world class senior academic personnel to UCL and Newcastle.
The Centre is working with the very large adult and paediatric neuromuscular disease patient populations cared for at the co-located hospitals: Great Ormond Street NHS Trust, the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, UCLH NHS Foundation Trust and Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.