Queen Square Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Our Services
- Our Research
- Free Access Centre Publications
- MRC Review Documents
- UK Translational Research Conference
- Studentships, Fellowships & Training
- Seminars, Conferences, Courses & Workshops
- About Us
Please click the relevant icon, to visit our Facebook group or Twitter account:
- The largest CNMD team to date ran the Bupa London 10,000 on 25th May to raise funds for the Centre. Please click here to donate.
- The dawn of translational optogenetics: Bryson et al. restored muscle function in a mouse model of peripheral nerve injury
- NIHR award MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases £450,000 for research
- Arimoclomol has showed promise as a treatment for the most common type of inflammatory myopathy in adults over age 50 in a 1-year, phase IIa, "proof-of-concept" study
- MRC Centre featured in UCLH BRC Infrastructure Report
- Genomics England whole genome sequencing
- New sister centre partnership with the University of Iowa Department of Neurology
This is a joint centre between the UCL Institute of Neurology and the UCL Institute of Child Health, London and the University of Newcastle. The Centre is building on long-established UCL-Newcastle research and clinical links. The centre has established reciprocal clinical and research links with other neuromuscular research groups and patient organisations throughout the UK including the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, and has developed new cross-cutting collaborations which have capitalised on the recruitment of world class senior academic personnel to UCL and Newcastle.
The Centre is working with the very large adult and paediatric neuromuscular disease patient populations cared for at the co-located hospitals: Great Ormond Street NHS Trust, the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, UCLH NHS Foundation Trust and Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.