Queen Square Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Our Services
- Our Research
- Free Access Centre Publications
- MRC Review Documents
- UK Translational Research Conference
- Studentships, Fellowships & Training
- Seminars, Conferences, Courses & Workshops
- About Us
Please click the relevant icon, to visit our Facebook group or Twitter account:
- Knighthood for pioneering neurologist: Sir Douglass Turnbull, Professor of Neurology was knighted by The Prince of Wales on 10th February 2017
- NMCCC team finalists for prestigious HSJ award
- Update in Neuromuscular Disorders course 23-26 May 2017: online registration is now open
- Accelerated approval granted for new drug for muscular dystrophy
- Hospital staff go the extra miles in aid of brain charity
- New paper in Neuron highlights importance of slow axonal transport in motor neuron function; implications for neuromuscular diseases
- A New YouTube Patient and Public Engagement Channel from Researchers at Institute of Neurology
- Dr James Burge from MRC Centre presents results
of major international trial in periodic paralysis at American Academy of
Neurology 2016 (click 'free plenary sessions' and select 'James Burge'.
- Professor Michael Hanna talks about centre research
- Successful MRC centre study in inclusion body Myositis provides clues to new treatment approaches in Alzheimer's diseases and ALS
- New drug shows promise for muscle wasting diseases
- Report by Kathryn Munro on the Neuromuscular Complex Care Centre (NMCCC)
- On-line e-learning module on neuromuscular conditions for physiotherapists launched
- MRC Centre biomarker study published in Lancet Neurology
- Dr Pedro Machado wins award for his work on sporadic inclusion body myositis
- Brand new infographic highlighting key MRC Centre activities
- Professor Mary Reilly is elected first female President of the Association of British Neurologists
- UCL rated top UK university by research strength in the REF2014
2017 UK Neuromuscular Translational Research Conference
The 10th UK Neuromuscular Translational Research Conference will be held on Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd March 2017 at ICH, Guilford Street, London.
Please register at this link
Please contact Christine Oldfield, MRC Centre Senior
Administrator, with any queries.
Deadline for abstracts Wednesday 14th December 2016. There will be no extensions, due to print deadlines.
Please read the abstract submission guidelines.
Accommodation should be booked separately.
Our full and diverse programme will include:
Neuropathies / Genomic Therapies / Mitochondrial Disease / NIHR rare diseases TRC
Speakers will include:
Prof Linda Greensmith UCL ION / Dr James Bilsland ARUK UCL / Dr Majid Hafezparast, Univ. of Sussex / Prof Brunhild Wirth, Institute of Human Genetics, Cologne / Prof Carsten Bonneman, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, USA / Dr Richard Finkel, Philadelphia Children's Hospital / Professor James E Rothman, UCL and Yale / Dr Michael Minczuk, MRC MBU, Cambridge / Professor Carlos Moraes, University of Miami / Dr Saskia Koene, Radboud University, Netherlands / Professor R Cohn, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto